LANGUAGE IS MUSIC. So why shouldn't we learn a language with music? You may find the answer in the text below...
- Songs often use a conversational tone, including day-to-day vocabulary and lots of personal pronouns
- Lyrics are often repetitive, which help students understand the global comprehension of the oral text
- The rhythm, as well as the repetition in songs, help reinforce vocabulary, as well as some grammatical structures, without rote memorization
- Songs are open to discussion and to several interpretations, which can serve as conversation-starters (in language of course!)
- Rhythmic elements could help reinforce the prosody of the target language